Wi-Fi Smart Bulb Adapter
Cygnett Smart Home is an ever-expanding collection of connected home products and certified to work with Google Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit and If This Then That (IFTTT).
Synonymous for creating better digital experiences through design and innovation, Cygnett Smart Home affords you the convenience and freedom to connect your appliances, lighting, climate control and security to a centralised app.
Before replacing/installing your Cygnett Smart Home device, please read and follow all precautions, including the following:
- Suitable to operate between 0°C to 45°C
- This product is intended for indoor use only; do not expose to wet environments
- Before replacing, turn off all power sources and wait for the device to cool down to avoid electrical shocks and burns
- This product is not a toy and should not be played by children
- This product should not be used for emergency lighting
- Fit your bulb into the smart bulb adapter first, then place the adapter (with the bulb) into a lamp/fitting/socket and turn on your appliance.
- Ensure that your phone/tablet is connected to the Wi-Fi you would like your smart adapter to connect to.
- Download and install the Cygnett Smart app from the Apple Store (Apple devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).
- Register a new account with Cygnett Smart. Register with your email and create a new password. The validation code you received in your email is valid for 30 minutes; if you did not receive a validation code/email, you can resend a validation code after 60 seconds.
- Log-in the Cygnett Smart app with your email and password.
- Press and hold the power button on the bulb adapter for 5 seconds until it flashes orange and green to activate pairing mode.
- In the Cygnett Smart app, select the icon, and select Quick Pairing.
- You will be asked to enter your Wi-Fi network details. Please be advised that you must allow location permissions to be shared with Cygnett Smart app. If you see the message in red text, ‘Wi-Fi SSID restriction. Please grant the location permission to have access to your location’, you will need to grant permission. Select Next and select OK, then Allow to grant permission.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and select Next.
- Follow the in-app instructions and select Complete.
Cygnett Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. For further information on how to install your smart device, visit us at Cygnett Care – www.support.cygnett.com.
Your Cygnett Smart Home device is compatible with Apple HomeKit, and it allows you to control your devices remotely via your iPhone/iPad with iOS 8.1 or later.
Use of the HomeKit logo means that an accessory has been designed to work with Siri (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV/Watch, MacBook, Airpods 1st/2nd Generation), and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
Your Cygnett Smart Home screen is the centralised view of all your smart home devices. With one simple touch, you can turn on or off your device remotely. Possessing an intuitive user interface, all you ever want to do with your devices is only one tap away.
To access the main page for your smart home device, select Device Information from the Cygnett Smart Home Screen. This page allows you to control your smart home device to a greater extent; from turning on and off, viewing history, to scheduling a time in which you would like your smart home device to turn on or off – the possibilities are endless.
To access the history (on and off functions) for your smart device, select History under the Options icon.
For settings and information on your smart device, select the Options icon. There are 2 options in this section – Setting and Delete. The Device Setting screen displays information regarding your smart device. You can change the name of your light by selecting the icon. To delete all saved information regarding your smart device, press Confirm. This will also remove your device from the Cygnett Smart Home Screen.
You can share your smart device with your family and friends, giving them the convenience and ease that you have. Select Share to being sharing your device and follow the in-app instructions.
You can schedule your smart device to turn on or off at a certain time of the day; and respective to each day of week too. Select New Timer to begin setting up a schedule for your device. Select the time and year you would like your schedule to occur, whether it is to repeat during the week or occur once only. Select the state (on or off) for your smart device. Once you have finalised your selection, press Save.
You can set up a timer for when you would like your device to turn on or off after a given amount of time has elapsed. Select Add Countdown Timer to being setting up a timer for your smart device. Select the time by scrolling on the dials and select the state (on or off) for your smart device. Once you have finalised your selection, press Save.
For your smart device, you can group it along with the Cygnett Smart devices – this is perfect for organising your devices into certain parts of your home. In an instant, you can see what is on or off in a room and adjust accordingly.
To begin setting up a group of smart devices, select All devices at the top of the Cygnett Home Screen. Select Manage group and there will be a list of devices that have not been assigned to a group yet. Select Add new group.
Next, select the smart devices that you would like to group together. Name your group and select OK when complete. Your smart devices are now grouped together.
In the Scene setting, you can set up your devices to work together, without the need of individually adjusting it – saving you time and granting you convenience.
To begin setting up a scene, select Scene at the top of the Cygnett Home Smart screen. Select Add Scene and it will bring up the Add scene screen. Name your Scene. In the Condition section, select Add. The Add Condition screen will display, then select either Tap to run or Master device. Tap to run is an action that will run, when activated; whilst Master device is a condition for that smart device to carry out another action. Press OK when complete.
Once you have selected your condition, under the Perform section, select Add. The Perform action will list out the actions that your smart device can do when the Condition (Tap to run) has been met. Add Execute Device screen will display, showing all the available smart devices that can be executed. Select the smart devices that you would like to include in this scene and press OK. When you have selected the smart device, you have the option to select its functions as shown below (i.e. switch, brightness, colour temperature, colour, colour mode etc.).
Select Save when you are complete, and this will bring you to the Add Scene page. Repeat for other smart devices that you would like to add to work together with your Tap to run. When finished, press OK. Select the icon to activate your scene.
The scene setting example shown, is for turning on your Hallway and Bedroom Light at the touch of a button and is the scene setting capabilities are not limited to this. Please feel free to experiment in the scene settings.
In the Account Settings screen, Cygnett’s Support Team is only one tap away. This screen also shows information on how to setup your smart device with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit and If This Then That (IFTTT).
In the Options screen, you can change your password under Security – follow the in-app instructions. You can select available languages in your region under Language and change turn on or off your haptic feedback under Vibration Switch. You also have the option to log out of Cygnett Smart app by selecting Log Out.
In here you can find the instructions on how to pair your smart device with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit and If This Then That.
The most frequently asked questions are all listed here for your troubleshooting needs. This page is constantly updated, so you will receive the most up-to-date news and feedback.
This is the direct link between you and our dedicated team at Cygnett Care who will answer your questions and concerns regarding your smart device.
Cygnett is a trademark of Cygnett Pty Ltd. Please take care when connecting your device. Cygnett takes no responsibility for damage to device caused by incorrect use. Made in China. © 2019 Cygnett PTY LTD.
Want to download this manual? Simply click the link below.