To pair your Cygnett smart device with Amazon Alexa, you must firstly set up your smart devices within the Cygnett Smart app. Your smart device should be set up with your account, and will be visible within the Home Screen of the Cygnett Smart app. Once your smart devices have been set up, follow the below steps to link your Cygnett smart device with Amazon Alexa.
- Download and install the Amazon Alexa app from the App Store or Google Play Store, and open the Amazon Alexa application on your smart phone or device.
- Select the Menu icon on the top left corner, then select Skills & Games.
- Search for Cygnett Home, and tap the Cygnett Home skill.
- Tap on Enable to Use.
- Select your country, then enter the same email and password that you are using with the Cygnett Smart app, then tap Log In.
- You should receive a notification similar to below, indicating that your Cygnett Smart account has been successfully linked with Amazon Alexa. Close the window by tapping the X icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Your Amazon Alexa app should automatically discover any Cygnett Smart devices as shown below.
- If any devices has been discovered, you will receive a prompt as shown. To choose which device you would like to set up, tap Choose Device.
- The devices that you have set up on the Cygnett Smart app will now appear on this screen. Select the device you would like to pair with Amazon Alexa, and tap Set Up Device.
- You have an option to group your smart devices together in the Amazon Alexa app. Select which group you would like your smart device to be added into, then tap Add To Group, or alternatively press Skip.
- Your device is now ready to be used with the Amazon Alexa app as well as voice commands on Alexa-enabled smart speakers. Tap Continue to complete the setup process.
If you have already added the Cygnett Home skill on Amazon Alexa, and would like to add additional Cygnett smart devices into your Amazon Alexa app, please follow the below steps.
- On the Amazon Alexa Home screen, tap Devices.
- You will be prompted with a screen as shown below. Select the + icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- A list of devices will display - select the smart device from the list that you are setting up your Cygnett Smart device with Amazon Alexa.
- A screen showing the brands of smart products will be displayed, scroll to the bottom of the list and select Other. It will now discover the smart device you would like to add; to continue, please see Steps 6-11 as outlined above.
Once you have successfully linked your Cygnett smart device with Amazon Alexa, you can give voice commands for your smart device. You can begin a voice command by saying either 'Hey Alexa' or 'Alexa', then completing the sentence with a request. Please see the below for some examples on what voice commands you can give to Alexa.