Smart Wi-Fi Plug
with Power Monitoring
Your Cygnett Smart Wi-Fi Plug with Power Monitoring allows you to control your power outlet remotely. With built-in power monitoring, you can know how much power your appliances consume.
Smart Wi-Fi Plug with Power Monitoring Features
Welcome to Cygnett Smart Home
Cygnett Smart Home is an ever-expanding collection of connected home products and certified to work with Google Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit.
Synonymous for creating better digital experiences through design and innovation, Cygnett Smart Home affords you the convenience and freedom to connect your appliances, lighting, climate control and security to a centralised app.
Before replacing/installing your Cygnett Smart Home device, please read and follow all precautions, including the following:
- This product is intended for indoor use only; do not expose to wet environments
- Before replacing, turn off all power sources and wait for the device to cool down to avoid electrical shocks and burns
- This product is not a toy and should not be played by children
- This product should not be used for emergency lighting
Cygnett Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- Place your smart plug into a power source and turn on the power.
- Ensure that your phone/tablet is connected to the Wi-Fi network you would like your smart plug to connect to.
- Download and install the Cygnett Home app from the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).
- Register a new account with Cygnett Home by registering with your email and creating a new password. If you already have a registered account with Cygnett Home, please disregard this step, and proceed to Step 6.
- Log-in the Cygnett Home app with your email and password.
- Press and hold the power button on the smart plug for 5 seconds until it flashes to activate pairing mode.
- In the Cygnett Home Home Screen, select the icon, and select Quick Pairing.
- Please enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. If you see a message saying, ‘Wi-Fi SSID restriction’, simply tap the Next button and then press Allow to give Cygnett Home permission to access your location. After this, the name of your Wi-Fi network will auto-fill into the app and you can proceed to enter your Wi-Fi password and select Next.
- Please wait while Cygnett Home finds your smart device. This can take a few minutes so please be patient.
- After your device is found, give it a name and tap Complete. Your smart device is now ready to be used.
Please follow Steps 1 to 10 before pairing with Apple’s Home app.
- If you have an Apple device and want to set it up with the Home app and Siri, please see the following steps:
- Open the Home app on your iOS device.
- Tap Add Accessory (+)
- Using the camera, align it in view with the QR code attached in the quick start manual, or on the smart device.
- Follow the in-app instructions.
- Once complete, you can control your smart device through the Home app, or via voice commands to Siri.
Cygnett Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. For further information on how to install your smart device, visit us at Cygnett Care – support.cygnett.com
Maintenance & Disposal
Before any cleaning, remove your device from all power sources. To prevent any scratches from occurring, use a soft dry cloth and do not use any cleaning agents.
This symbol on the product indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it shall be sent to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. For more information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local city office.
Your Cygnett Smart Home device is compatible with Apple HomeKit and it allows you to control your smart devices remotely. Add your device by taking an image of the QR code affixed with in the Quick Start Manual or on the product with the Home app.
Use of the Works with Apple HomeKit badge means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
Apple, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. HomeKit and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc.
To control this HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 11.3 or later is recommended. Controlling this HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires a HomePod, an Apple TV with tvOS 10.x or later, or an iPad with iOS 10.x or later set up as a home hub.
Item No: CY2881CHCPM
Input: 100V-240V~, 50/60Hz, 10A Max, 2400W Max
Output: 100V-240V~, 50/60Hz, 10A Max, 2400W Max
Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
Cygnett Smart Home Screen
Your Cygnett Home Home screen is the centralised view of all your smart home devices. With one simple touch, you can turn on or off your devices remotely, receive live information from your home and so much more. Possessing an intuitive user interface, all you ever wanted to do with your devices is only one tap away.
Smart Wi-Fi Plug with Power Monitoring Features
To access the main page for your smart plug, select the smart plug from the Cygnett Home Home Screen. This page allows you to control your smart plug to a greater extent; from turning on and off, viewing history, to scheduling a time in which you would like your smart plug to turn on or off – the possibilities are endless.
From this screen, you will see the live readings for power, voltage and current flowing to your appliance(s) via the smart plug.
For settings and information on your smart plug, select the Options icon. There are 4 options in this section – Settings, History Record, Download Records and Delete. The Device Setting screen displays information regarding your smart plug.
You can change the name of your smart plug by selecting the icon.
To delete all saved information regarding your smart plug, tap Delete and then Complete. This will also remove your smart plug from the Cygnett Home Home Screen.
You can check the smart plug’s power usage history by selecting History Record in the Options section. In here, you can find the total kWh with respect to dates. If you want to download a copy of this, you can select Download Records in the Options section.
You can share your smart plug with your family and friends, giving them the convenience and ease that you have. Select Share to begin sharing your smart plug and follow the in-app instructions.
You can now schedule your smart plug to turn on or off at a certain time of the day; and respective to each day of the week too. Select New Timer to begin setting up a schedule for your smart plug. Select the time and year you would like your schedule to occur, and whether it is to repeat during the week or occur once only. Select the state (on/off) for your smart plug. Once you have finalised your selection, tap Save.
You can set up a timer for when you would your smart plug to turn on or off after a given amount of time has elapsed. Select Add countdown timer to begin setting up a timer for your smart bulb. Select the time by scrolling on the dial and select the state (on/off) for your smart plug. Once you have finalised your selection, tap Save.
For your smart bulb, you can group it along with other Cygnett Smart devices that you own – this is perfect for organising your devices into areas of your home. In an instant, you can see what is on or off in a room and adjust accordingly.
To begin setting up a group of smart devices, select All devices at the top of the Cygnett Home Screen. Select Manage group, and there will be a list of devices that have not been assigned to a group yet. Select Add new group.
Next, select the smart devices that you would like to group together. Name your group and select OK when complete. Your smart devices are now grouped together.
In the Options screen, you can change your password under ‘Security’ and following the in-app instructions. You can also select available languages in your region under ‘Language’ and elect to turn on or off your haptic feedback under ‘Vibration Switch’. You also have the option to log out of your Cygnett Smart app by tapping ‘Log Out’.
Integration Setup Guides
In this section, you can find instructions on how to integrate your Cygnett Smart Home devices with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most frequently asked questions are all listed here for your troubleshooting needs. This page is constantly updated, so you will receive the most up-to-date news and feedback.
This is the direct link between you and our dedicated team at Cygnett Care who will answer your questions and concerns regarding your Cygnett Smart Home device.
To download a copy of this user manual, please click the below link.
Cygnett and the Cygnett logo are trademarks of Cygnett Pty Ltd. Google, Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC. Other brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Made in China. Cygnett takes no responsibility for damages caused by incorrect use of its products. Tested to comply with AU/NZ safety standards.
© 2019 Cygnett PTY LTD.
Cygnett Head Office
858 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207, Australia