Smart Motion Sensor
Your Cygnett Smart Motion Sensor will detect motion and sends you a notification to your smart phone through the Cygnett Smart app. The perfect companion to the Cygnett’s range of smart bulbs and smart plugs, you can now turn on your appliances by simply walking into a room.
Cygnett Smart Home is an ever-expanding collection of connected home products.
Synonymous for creating better digital experiences through design and innovation, Cygnett Smart Home affords you the convenience and freedom to connect your appliances, lighting, climate control and security to a centralised app.
Before replacing/installing your Cygnett Smart Home device, please read and follow all precautions, including the following:
- Suitable to operate between 0°C to 45°C
- This product is intended for indoor use only; do not expose to wet environments
- This product is not a toy and should not be played by children
- This product is not suitable for water contact
Intended for indoor use only.
Place the Smart Motion Sensor in a cool and dry environment, away from water.
This product contains a coin/button cell battery inside. Keep batteries out of reach of children. Swallowing may lead to serious injury or death in as little as 2 hours due to internal burns.
If swallowed, immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 (in Australia) or 24-hour Nationals Poisons Centre on 0800 764 766 (in New Zealand) for fast, expert advice. Dispose of used batteries immediately.
This product has been designed so that the coin/button cell battery is not accessible to young children, as the battery compartment cover is secured with a screw or mechanical fastener. Always ensure that the compartment is secured before use.
Cygnett Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. The Smart Motion Sensor requires a Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control to function.
- Ensure that your Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control* is set up correctly. For information on how to set up the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control, please refer to the installation guide on Cygnett Care – support.cygnett.com
- Using the included screwdriver, unscrew the screw and remove the backplate of the Smart Motion Sensor using a round coin.
- Remove the battery pull tab and screw on the backplate using the screwdriver.
- Ensure that your phone/tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control.
- Using the pin tool provided, press and hold the pairing button on the Smart Motion Sensor for 5 seconds until it flashes to activate pairing mode.
- Select the Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control device in the Cygnett Smart app and select the ‘+’ icon.
- Follow the in-app instructions. After your Smart Motion Sensor has been registered, give it a name through its Settings, and tap Complete.
- Remove the first layer on the adhesive, revealing the adhesive surface.
- Install the Smart Motion Sensor in a convenient location that has a clean surface within 40m of your Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control by firmly pressing and holding down for 30 seconds.
- Your Smart Motion Sensor is now ready to be used.
For examples on where your can place your Smart Motion Sensor, please refer to the below.
*Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control is not included and is sold separately if the Smart Motion Sensor is purchased separately from the Cygnett’s Smart Home Starter Kit.
Before any cleaning, remove your device from all power sources. To prevent any scratches from occurring, use a soft dry cloth and do not use any cleaning agents.
This symbol on the product indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it shall be sent to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. For more information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local city office.
Item No: CY2963CHCSA
Input: CR2450 3V battery
Battery Lifetime: >6 months
Working Range: 120°, open area within 5m; 40m to Smart Hub + IR Remote Control (open area)
Operating Temperature: 0-45°C
Your Cygnett Smart Home screen is the centralised view of all your smart home devices. With one simple touch, you can turn on or off your devices remotely, receive live information from your home and so much more. Possessing an intuitive user interface, all you ever wanted to do with your devices is only one tap away.
To access your Smart Motion Sensor, tap on your Smart + IR Remote Control in the Cygnett Home Screen, then select your Smart Motion Sensor.
Your Smart Motion Sensor detects motion in your home. Pair this with your pre-existing Cygnett Smart Home products to create a scene, based on motion events. For information on how to create a scene with your Smart Motion Sensor, please refer to the ‘Create a Scene’ user manual on Cygnett Care – support.cygnett.com
On the Smart Motion Sensor main screen, you will see the activity log of when your Smart Motion Sensor has detected motion. To clear your activity log, tap ‘Clear all history’.
For settings and information on your Smart Motion Sensor, select the Options icon. There are 2 selections in this section – Settings and Delete. The Settings option will display information regarding your device, and you can rename your Smart Motion Sensor by selecting the icon. To delete all saved information regarding your Smart Motion Sensor, press Confirm. If you would like to receive a notification each time motion is detected, tap ‘Allow notifications’ in the Settings section.
In the Options screen, you can change your password under ‘Security’ and following the in-app instructions. You can also select available languages in your region under ‘Language’ and elect to turn on or off your haptic feedback under ‘Vibration Switch’. You also have the option to log out of your Cygnett Smart app by tapping ‘Log Out’.
In this section, you can find instructions on how to integrate your Cygnett Smart Home devices with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit.
The most frequently asked questions are all listed here for your troubleshooting needs. This page is constantly updated, so you will receive the most up-to-date news and feedback.
This is the direct link between you and our dedicated team at Cygnett Care who will answer your questions and concerns regarding your Cygnett Smart Home device.
To download a copy of this user manual, please click the below link.
Cygnett and the Cygnett logo are trademarks of Cygnett Pty Ltd. Google, Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC. Other brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Made in China. Cygnett takes no responsibility for damages caused by incorrect use of its products. All products comply with RCM standards.
© 2019 Cygnett PTY LTD.
Cygnett Head Office
858 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207, Australia