Smart Hub + IR Remote Control
Your Cygnett Smart Hub + IR Remote Control is the centre of your smart home. From controlling your TV, DVD player, air conditioner and so much more; you can now lose your remotes for good. The Smart Hub + IR Remote Control also serves as the platform for Cygnett’s Smart Control Button, Smart Motion Sensor, Smart Window & Door Sensor and Smart Humidity & Temperature Sensor.
Cygnett Smart Home is an ever-expanding collection of connected home products and certified to work with Google Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit.
Synonymous for creating better digital experiences through design and innovation, Cygnett Smart Home affords you the convenience and freedom to connect your appliances, lighting, climate control and security to a centralised app.
Before replacing/installing your Cygnett Smart Home device, please read and follow all precautions, including the following:
- Suitable to operate between 0°C to 45°C
- This product is intended for indoor use only; do not expose to wet environments
- This product is not a toy and should not be played by children
- This product is not suitable for water contact
Cygnett Smart Home devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- Insert the Micro-USB end into the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control and insert the USB-A end into a USB- A charger* (USB-A port) that supports 5V/1A (5W) charging. A blue light will illuminate to indicate it is turned on.
- Ensure that your phone/tablet is connected to the Wi-Fi network you would like your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control to connect to.
- Download and install the Cygnett Smart app from the App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).
- Register a new account with Cygnett Smart by registering with your email and creating a new password. If you already have a registered account with Cygnett Smart, please disregard this step, and proceed to Step 6.
- Log-in to the Cygnett Smart app with your email and password.
- Press and hold the power button the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control for 5 seconds until to flashes to activate pairing mode.
- In the Cygnett Smart Home Screen, select the ‘+’ icon, and select Quick Pairing.
- Please enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. If you see a message saying, ‘Wi-Fi SSID restriction’, simply tap the Next button and then press Allow to give Cygnett Smart permission to access your location. After this, the name of your Wi-Fi network will auto-fill into the app and you can proceed to enter your Wi-Fi password, then select Next.
- Please wait while Cygnett Smart finds your smart device. This can take a few minutes so please be patient.
- After your device is found, give it a name and tap Complete. Your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control is now ready to be used.
Please follow Steps 1 to 10 before pairing with Apple’s Home app.
- If you have an iOS device and want to set it up with the Home app and Siri, please see the following steps:
- Open the Home app on your iOS device.
- Tap Add Accessory (+)
- Using the camera, align it in view with the QR code attached on the smart device, or on the QR code attached on the quick start manual accompanied with your smart device.
- Follow the in-app instructions.
- Once complete, you can monitor your smart device through the Home app, or via voice commands to Siri.
*Not included. For further information and troubleshooting tips on your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control, please visit us at Cygnett Care – support.cygnett.com
Please follow the below steps if you would like to add an infrared (IR) remote control into your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control.
- Please ensure that your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control is within 5m (open area) of the device you are setting up.
- In the Cygnett Smart Home Screen, select your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control.
- Select Remote controller and tap the ‘+’ icon.
- Select the type of remote control you want to set up.
- Tap the brand of your device/remote control.
- You will be prompted with a Test Remote page – press the power button on the Test Remote page and observe if it turns on/off the device you are setting up, allowing 2 seconds between presses.
- If your device has turned on/off, tap Yes and follow the in-app instructions; if there was no response, tap No.
- Repeat Step 6 until you reach a compatible remote control.
If you are unable to find a compatible remote control to your device, you can use your existing remote control to teach the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control how to control your device.
- Select any brand of device from the list (it does not matter which one as the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control will learn each button from your existing remote control).
- You will be prompted with a Test Remote page – press the power button on the Test Remote page.
- Tap Yes, then choose the remote layout you prefer, and then press OK.
- Give your remote a name, and then press OK.
- Press and hold any button on the on-screen remote to activate Learning Mode.
- The selected button will flash. Take your existing remote and point it at your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control, whilst repeatedly pressing the button you want it to learn.
- When you receive a message showing ‘Program Successful’, the button you have programmed is ready to use. If you receive a message saying ‘Programming Failed’, please select ‘Continue programming’ and go back to Step 5.
- Continue Steps 5 to 7 for each button you want to program.
Before any cleaning, remove your device from all power sources. To prevent any scratches from occurring, use a soft dry cloth and do not use any cleaning agents.
This symbol on the product indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead, it shall be sent to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health. For more information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local city office.
Your Cygnett Smart Home device is compatible with Apple HomeKit and it allows you to control your smart devices remotely. Add your device by taking an image of the QR code affixed in the Quick Start Manual or on the product with the Home app.
Use of the Works with Apple HomeKit badge means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
Apple, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries, HomeKit and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc.
To control this HomeKit-enabled accessory, iOS 11.3 or later is recommended. Controlling this HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires a HomePod, an Apple TV with tvOS 10 or later, or an iPad with iOS 10 or later set up as a home hub.
Item No: CY2961CHCSH
Input: DC 5V/1A
Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
Working Range: Open area within 5m
Operating Temperature: 0-45°C
Intended for indoor use only.
Place the Smart Hub + IR Remote Control in a cool and dry environment, away from water.
Your Cygnett Smart Home screen is the centralised view of all your smart home devices. With one simple touch, you can turn on or off your devices remotely, receive live information from your home and so much more. Possessing an intuitive user interface, all you ever wanted to do with your devices is only one tap away.
Your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control is the platform of Cygnett’s range of smart sensors and smart control button*, as well as serving as an infrared (IR) remote control for your TV, air conditioner or any device that requires an IR remote control. Cygnett smart sensors and smart control button provide you with convenience, security and a peace of mind within your home.
For settings and information on your Smart Hub, select the Options icon. There are 2 selections in this section – Settings and Delete. The Settings option will display information regarding your device, and you can rename your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control by selecting the icon. To delete all saved information regarding your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control, tap Delete and then Confirm.
There are two sections within the Cygnett Smart app, then Smart Hub and the IR Remote Control.
*Sold separately if not purchased together with the Cygnett Smart Home Starter Kit.
The Smart Hub tab is where you can add your smart sensors and smart control button by tapping the + icon. Live information about your home can be accessed on this page.
The Smart Hub + IR Remote Control can control your TV, air conditioner or any device that requires an IR remote control within the Cygnett Smart app on your smart phone. You can select a suitable remote control from our large database of remote controls that are constantly updated with new brands and models.
If you are unable to find a suitable remote control for your IR device, your Smart Hub + IR Remote Control can learn functions from your existing remote control. For instructions on how to IR learn, please refer to the above subsection, ‘Adding a remote control’.
In the Options screen, you can change your password under ‘Security’ and following the in-app instructions. You can also select available languages in your region under ‘Language’ and elect to turn on or off your haptic feedback under ‘Vibration Switch’. You also have the option to log out of your Cygnett Smart app by tapping ‘Log Out’.
In this section, you can find instructions on how to integrate your Cygnett Smart Home devices with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit.
The most frequently asked questions are all listed here for your troubleshooting needs. This page is constantly updated, so you will receive the most up-to-date news and feedback.
This is the direct link between you and our dedicated team at Cygnett Care who will answer your questions and concerns regarding your Cygnett Smart Home device.
To download a copy of this user manual, please click the below link.
Cygnett and the Cygnett logo are trademarks of Cygnett Pty Ltd. Google, Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC. Other brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Made in China. Cygnett takes no responsibility for damages caused by incorrect use of its products. Tested to comply with AU/NZ safety standards.
© 2019 Cygnett PTY LTD.
Cygnett Head Office
858 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207, Australia